Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Lykke Li: Little Bit

I'm actually thinking - more like entertaining - the thought of getting out to Coachella. Besides the human train wreck that's Amy Wino, Lykke Li is scheduled. I don't usually go for the quirky stuff; my college roomie was really into Bjork and to this day I revile her music. Then again, while I think I was fortunate to come up in a music era like the 60's/70's, I've re-assessed many a musician and band from when I was coming up; John McLaughlin/The Mahavishnu Orchestra, King Crimson/Robert Fripp, in fact much of the prog rock from then is pretty silly stuff, while some of it still rings true.

So I like Lykke a bit; she comes off as not full of shit in her interviews (although she has a tendency to say "you know" quite a bit) and freedom loving for a 22 year old. I don't know if I'd be able to take an entire concert of her, but I like this song; for now, a little bit of her goes a long way.