Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Sundance Channel's, "The Green"

Only a few months ago I wrote about the new trinity which is inclusive of sustainable practices and green technology feeding into and supporting healthy communities. As loose as that sounds, it isn't, but I don't have the time now to go into it. Suffice to say that at this moment I understand how that is vague because of its over-arching reach. (For elucidation, go here: I wrote last year on sustainability in my take on EDENS LOST AND FOUND)

At any rate, I just caught my first viewing of Sundance's "The Green," (corny name) in all of its starbucksy feel. Actually, the program was "Big Ideas for a Small Planet," which I guess flies under the over-arching moniker. I dunno. But it was good. So, I give 'em props here.

The one company that stood out was Bart Bettencourt's and Carlos Salgado's Scrapile. While they make cool furniture from wood scraps, at one point it was suggested that the company change its name to something more "elegant." But they declined.

Good call.

Some Scrapile stuff...